Some quick thoughts:
- Today is the platonic ideal of a summer day. High 70s, clear and breeze, the perfect temperature if you’re wearing shorts or if you’re wearing pants, scattered puffy clouds by day and none at night. Right now I’m sitting on the deck watching the sunset and Venus shine in the west. The weather can suck a lot in New England, but there’s nothing like these jewels of perfect days anywhere else.
- Evidently there exists a band whose entire repertoire consists of songs about the lead singer’s breakup with my sister. It’s knowledge like that that gives big brothers insomnia.
- In the spirit of not letting anyone get too complacent, I’ve decided to start screwing around with Public Forum at the college tournaments more. We’ll start with giving 4 minutes of prep time at Yale this year. It was suggested by email and the reasons made a lot of sense to me, so here we go. It’s clearly spelled out in the invitation and on the website, so I’m waiting to see how many people will react like it’s a Great Big Surprise.
- Speaking of the sister, she’s in Vietnam at the moment. If there’s a coup, chances are we can blame her.
- I need to be better about staying in touch with friends.